Followers

Sunday 11 March 2012

Veal Osso Bucco

Hi all!

Welcome back to my blog! I am so glad you are all enjoying the ideas and thank you all for the feedback. I have had a bit of a challenge setting up the blog so you can 'follow' it but I think I have fixed that now. You should be able to 'follow' the blog now and also if you scroll right to the bottom of the blog you can also follow by email! Hopefully that will make is easier for you to follow and keep up with some great ideas for you to cook!

Ok, so here is another idea for today......

By now you may have gathered that I love slow cooked meals. I just love meat that falls off the bone and the way the flavours permeate so much more when you give them time. Osso Bucco is another great cut of meat that needs to be cooked with a bit more love BUT is SO worth it! I used veal osso bucco for my dish last night but I often use lamb - they are all yummy!

Here is a basic recipe that I use but the joys of this meal is you can add in whatever extra you have in your pantry! For example, if you have a leek or a capsicum in the fridge - chuck them in. They all add flavour!

Ingredients



  • Osso Bucco - veal, lamb - totally up to you!
  • Flour
  • Tomato Puree
  • Tin of whole tomatoes 
  • Beef stock
  • Garlic
  • Onion
  • Soy sauce
  • Red wine
  • Sugar
  • Fresh herbs (which I hope you are all growing by now)
  • Salt & pepper



Basic method



  • Coat your osso bucco in flour and brown off in pan. Set aside.
  • Time to make your sauce! Have fun with it! Cook off your garlic, onions and all the rest of the above ingredients. Don't forget to add a dash of sugar!
  • Pop your osso bucco back in to your sauce and pop in a low temp oven for at least 2 hours - It will be worth it.
Hints

I served my osso bucco with some potatoes and green beans! I cooked the potatoes in some truffle oil - makes all the difference!

Here is a pic of mine! Please try this and let me know how you go!!! Happy cooking!













2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful!!! Love osso bucco!! (marrow bones woohoo!!) PS. As for truffle oil - like oxygen...essential!! (as someone recently told me!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - really posting this to see if I have the hang of it!!!

    ReplyDelete