Followers

Monday 5 March 2012

Lamb, feta and sundried onion tart

Hi all!

Welcome to my first post - on my first blog!!!!

Ok, well I thought I'd start off with a yummy tart I made recently. It is SO easy yet a yummy lunch/dinner for your friends or family. I served mine with a side salad on each plate but you could serve with vegies or salad!

I found this is a great dinner in summer as its nice and fresh yet still filling. My husband (which you will realise by the type of meals I cook) likes his food. Therefore I am always trying to cook healthy meals but yet ones that fill him up!  This tart was really filling and you can always add more lamb if you want to 'bulk' it up. Alternatively, you could add chicken breast or turkey for a healthier options! Personally, I think a red meat is better for this style of tart but would love to hear your opinions!

As I have mentioned, this is a blog to give you IDEAS! It is not my intention to give you a detailed recipe - mix it up, try different ingredients and then - LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT!


LAMB, FETA, SUNDRIED TOMATOES AND ONION TART


Ingredients


Lamb (you can just use a fillet of lamb or even cook a whole leg and use the rest for sandwiches)
Sundried tomatoes 
Spanish onions
Butter
Oil
Sugar
Balsamic Vinegar
Feta (any type of feta you like or even goats cheese would work for this)
Rocket
Puff Pastry (Store bought - who has time to make pastry?!)


Basic method



  • Cook your lamb in the oven so it is cooked just under how you normally like it (it will cook some more when you put the tarts back in the oven with the pastry - so don't over cook at this stage)
  • While the lamb is cooking, slice your onions and slow cook in a pan with butter, vinegar and sugar. These should cook down for at least 20 minutes until they are super soft and sweet.
  • Cut your puff pastry sheets into half so you have 2 rectangle shapes per sheet. Score around the edge of each pastry tart about 2 cm in from the edge. (All you filling must fit inside the scored rectangle edge)
  • Once your lamb is cooked, let it rest (crucial with every meat) and then slice. You may like your lamb sliced  thickly or thinly - totally up to you!
  • Place your caramelised onions on the base of the pastry and then top with lamb, feta, sundried tomatoes.
  • Egg wash the boarder of you pastry and pop in oven (will still be on from your lamb) until the pastry is cooked on the base and the 'boarder' is nice and golden brown.
  • Top with some fresh rocket leaves!

So how was it?

So that was my go at a lamb tart! Here is a pic of how mine turned out! my guests thought it was yummy and although it doesn't sound that filling - it is! Next time I thought I may drizzle some greek yogurt on it?????

Anyway, please give it a go (or a variation that suits you) and let me know. Try and include a pic too! 

Now for tonights dinner - Chicken and leek pie! Yummy!

Until next time - enjoy cooking and remember - you can't go wrong it you cook with love and FUN!









3 comments:

  1. The tart is soo yummy, and perfect for lunch guests!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addicted to sausage rolls!! You're a domestic Goddess Jess!! xx

    ReplyDelete