Followers

Wednesday 25 April 2012

It's getting colder - SOUPS!!!!!

Hey there gorgeous people!

Ok, well it's getting colder..... (well for those of us in Australia anyway!). For those of you in other countries - this idea is still a great one!

I have to say that one of my favourite things about the weather getting cooler is the fact you can change your style of cooking to suit. I don't do as many salads in winter but rather yummy vegetables and warm sides to complement that perfect comfort dish.

One of my fav things to cook in cooler months is soups!!!! There are literally hundreds of different combinations and flavours and you simply cannot go wrong. You can choose to blend your soups or keep them as is but there are so many benefits to soups!!!!

You can hide veges in them and the kids wont even know. They are VERY cost effective and also very tasty. And they CAN be served as main meals, not just as an entree! Grab a crusty loaf of bread, some garlic butter and there you have it!

This time I am not going to list exact ingredients etc - I am just going to give you some combination ideas. If you want to make your own stock - go ahead!!!! It will be well worth it! If not, your store bought chicken/vegetable stock is just fine!

I have also attached some pics of different stages etc of my soups!

Happy winter cooking..........


  • Roast Pumpkin, Garlic, Onion, Sage and Bacon.
  • Potato and Leek
  • Pea, Asparagus and Blue Cheese
  • Chicken and mixed Vegetable
  • Roast Tomato, Capsicum and Bacon
  • Chicken and Sweet Corn

The ideas are endless.......





1 comment:

  1. I had French onion soup for breakfast!! Delish!! xx

    ReplyDelete